Monday, November 26, 2007

Chapters in life...

Life is much like a book, except when you are reading books, you can turn to the last page to note the page number, therefore anticipating the turn of events and seeing how the story boils to an end. As the authors we all are, we write our stories without the ending in sight, and more often than not, we are shocked to the bones or are simply affected by other events, that render us helpless and losing sight of what we have set out for.
For the past 3 years, I've been writing a particularly long chapter in life. This chapter, I must say, is the most awesome chapter I have written. You see... it has many plots, many turns, with each turn of event ending in wonderful surprise. It was emotional on all levels, happy and sad with everything else in between.
As I am the only one who has "read" this chapter, I can tell you, it has been wonderful to read.
Now, wiser people always say, let bygones be bygones. Sometimes, if you contemplate letting events of the past slip through your hands, it has a devastating effect. Almost as if the thought of letting go is excruciating that you end up holding on closer to what you should have left behind.
The past few days, after the end of this particular chapter, I felt like it has been difficult to bring this chapter along with me into the future. It felt like conserving water in my bare hands, dripping as I moved forward.
Therefore, I now still remain where I was, solemn but celebrating the end.